Searching for God

What is God? What is it that drives man to look for something or someone that is all divine? Can a man hold God's strength, wisdom and creative nurturing within his soul? Then again, what is a soul? Do you have one? Do you need one? All life is not created equal as evidence shows in our known recorded history. Why is it that man is compelled to reach out to search for knowledge?

These questions have plagued my mind and soul since as far back as I can remember. I have been baptised, attended Lutheran, Catholic, Baptist, Messianic-Jewish, Jewish, Methodist and Muslim services. I have been a Wiccan Priest, a Religious counselor and a Reverend. I consider myself a solitary church... a church within myself. Magic, Christ, God, Nature, what is it all for and why does is "nag" at me so? Why can I not simply ignore this inquisitive pull into this spiritual realm?

So many experiences in my life have "shown me the way". So many changes in my life have moved me from direction to another. All have been a learning experience and have impacted my life in a positive fashion. I know with all that is within, that there is a greater power than that of man. A power of which man can only rationalize as "God" in one shape or form. The mystical and holy, the hidden and the obvious, why do we argue over the answers to our questions? Why is it that people feel the presence of power over others in such a fashion that they feel necessary to force their belief onto others?

Comments

Popular Posts